Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer Camp 2011

Cassidy and Gavin are going to summer camp together 2 mornings a week. It's held at the small pre-school where Cassidy went when she was 2, "Wee Care", and we just love it there. They have 2 little classrooms (Cassidy is in the "Bears" room and Gavin is a "Bunny") and a big fenced in playground with playhouses, sandboxes, and a big grassy area where they set up a sprinkler on hot days. This is Gavin's first time away from Mommy, so he's struggling a little with that, but he's also learning that "mommy always comes back", an important lesson in the life of a toddler! He's got his big sister there at drop-off, his good friend Henry in his class, and some very kind teachers that hold his hand and keep him on their laps when he gets weepy. I know with time he'll grow to love it. Cassidy is beyond any separation anxiety at this point and also remembers this school from her time there before, so she is having a blast. It's the first time in 4 years that I've had weekday hours to myself, without children - I'm getting a lot done and trying to use the time to re-energize myself so I'm ready for playtime when they come home. So far so good!